12/01/2005

Nite #1

I am logging all my notes from my trip since I have so much to share and not enough blog space to write it all in one. I have to wait on pictures to share with you from a new friend in Vegas, D-man, who was so kind to take a ton of pics from the event and of all the action. I can't wait to share them with you.

I guess I can get started with the beginning of the trip. It isn't that exciting but
I was very anxious. This is the first poker event I have worked at before. It was all new to me. I consider myself well versed in poker language but not the TV system in which it all works. I threw caution to the wind and drive to Charlotte to board the plane with my 60 lb. suit case. It was filled with all the things I think I will use and never do. I usually do not over pack. I hate packing so much crap but I didn't want to get out to Vegas with no back up plan.

I arrive in Vegas around 10PM, after a short stop in Denver, and am ready to get going. My friend, J, greeted me at the airport and off we were to The Plaza. I checked into the room, which was surprisingly clean, and headed to the bar to greet some players that were checking in that night as well. I met my first pro player, Easy E from St. Louis, (at least that is what I am calling him), and what a guy he is. He is very good at the table. But I named him Easy E because he is so Easy to get along with. There wasn't a single dull moment. We clicked immediately and were buds for the entire time I was there. After drinking a few, I looked at my watch and it was 2:30AM and I knew I needed rest. My body and mind were on eastern time and I was feeling like 5:30AM. So we said good night and parted ways. That ends my first night in Vegas.

No comments: