9/13/2007

Today is the day!

Why is it that a large majority of people don't like being reminded of the day they were born. I mean, it is really that bad. For the past few years I have thought pretty negatively about my birthday and I am not really sure why. I don't have much to complain about, sure I can always find something but overall life is good. So what's the big deal about getting older. I have realized that there isn't one. In the past couple of months I have been carded several times and most people don't think I look my age. It was starting to irritate me but then I realized that even though I may not get the respect initially, people who get to know me realize that there is a brain between my ears. So, lighten up about the age thing ....it's just a number. Besides, the most important thing is how I feel and what I do about it not what anyone else thinks about me. From now on am going to look forward to celebrating my birthday. What is so wrong with having one day a year being all about yourself. Everyone deserves at least that much.

My New Law #1: On your birthday you should be praised by those who know you and be able to do whatever you want to do for that day.

I plan to do just that. I want to have cake with my rug rats, eat dinner w/ the hubby, play some cards, have an after dinner beverage, and seal the evening with some adult lovin'. That sounds just about right.

Gotta go get ready for the night. chow....

2 comments:

BadBlood said...

Happy Birthday!

BigPirate said...

Late Happy Birthday! Hope it was all that you wanted.