6/21/2006

How kind

Now that I am back home I would like to thanks those of you who offered your sympathy at a very hard time for me. I greatly appreciate the kind thoughts. It is comforting to know that just a simple phone call or e-mail can give me a lift when I am feeling down. My trip to Jersey this time was bitter sweet. The days after the funeral, I was able to spend some quality time with my family and even squeezed in a couple of tourneys. Girls vs. Guys.....got down to me and Dad heads up. Unfortunately, I got the short end of the stick.....
For Father's Day, Mark, my brother in law, myself, and 6 nephews finished this huge deck my dad was doing with my nephew. It took us about 6 hours but it was fun, as much fun s working on a deck can be. It was so great to have everyone doing something and it almost brought Dad to tears.
I had my Jersey pizza fix and it was good. No A.C. trip this time. Just didn't have the time and under the circumstances it was too draining. I really feel badly for my mom. She is the one left to go through her mom's things all by herself. Just wish there was something I could do to help her with that. She had to bury her brother, then her father, now her mother. What an awful feeling to be the only one left in your family. I would hate to be in her situation right now. She is a strong woman and I know she will get through this and anything else life throws at her. And I will be there along the way.

Well, on a poker note. I played in the golf course tourney two Sunday's ago. I morning I found out my g-ma passed. I was getting excellent cards and making some good lay downs. Very happy with my game. There really isn't anything I would have done differently. There were two key pots. First was with QQ. A solid player made a standard raise. I reraised. He thought for a minute and pushed. I thought about what he could have and just didn't think he had my pair beat. So I called. I thought he might have had AK. He had QQ. Split pot. I was happy with the result. I think an A would have come on the flop. I am not sure if I would have been able to lay it down anyway but I'd rather spilt than be in that situation.
The second hand, involved Otis. He was sitting to my right and came in for a raise totaling 25. I made it 75 holding AA. He thinks for a minute and pushes. I insta-call. He has KK. Sulking as usually he said he thought I had either AA or QQ. Fortunately, for him he cracked my AA w/ a K on the river. So, he finally got me. He knocked me out of a tourney after 2 years and he had to get lucky to do it. No hard feelings, O! If I had to donate to someone besides Mark, you were the only one there I want to give them to.....lol

1 comment:

John G. Hartness said...

So sorry to read about your loss.