12/13/2006

Family












One day in November I thought it would be a great idea to dress up and head downtown G-Vegas for some family time. TheMark brought the camera. He takes such good pictures. It was supposed to be where we would shoot our family x-mas pics but it didn’t work out as I had planned. It took over two hours to get all the girls ready, including myself, and a half hour to find different spots to take our shot. Finally, I found what I wanted and by that time one rugrat got a splinter and the other was WAY passed nap time. Needless to say, I still need to schedule a photo shoot. When I left that day I was disappointed I had gone through all that effort and hadn’t gotten he shots I wanted. Now I look at the shots we did get and am so glad the effort that was made by all of us.

There are several times throughout the year that is special to me and the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is #1. I enjoy being with those I love and letting them know how special they are to me. Almost ten years ago I met the love of my life and the man I didn’t know could make all my wishes come true. We didn’t know we wanted to be a family until it happened. The day came and my oldest was born. There aren’t proper words to express how much love fills my soul for her. She can be loud, funny, goofy, and very entertaining…..and I love each of her finer qualities. I know even now that she will not need her momma much longer. She is strong and independent. Just want I want for her. My youngest is still growing into her skin. She likes her time to herself and loves movies. Her smile lights up a room. I can’t imagine my life without these 3 wonderful people. They are my heart and soul.

Some people have told me they think “stay at home moms”, “domestic divas”, or “household executives” is boring, uneventful, easy, and not a “REAL” job. Since I have worked inside and outside the home, I feel I can speak on some authority about this subject. I KNOW working at home with my children everyday is the hardest and most challenging job I have ever had. I choose to be home with them so that I can experience the joy, sorrow, and everything in between. I am with them 24/7 and although I enjoy a break form that; I know in my heart that I wouldn’t have it any other way right now. If I went to an office all day and answered to a boss, it would be slightly easier because when you clock out of the office and go home your boss isn’t there waiting for dinner to be served. The biggest difference is that your boss isn’t a person you influence or mold into whatever you want. What an awesome job. I have full creative and ultimate control. It is a HUGE job. Anyone that thinks differently just can’t handle my job.

I know I have run on about this but the main point is that I am so very lucky to have family and friends in my life that love me for me. They let me be the fun loving person I was meant to be. Thank you all for accepting my strengths and allowing me to grow through my weaknesses. You all know who you are and I love you all very dearly.

No comments: